Hi there! Well, here we are...almost to another year! Hope your week was a good one and I hope you have a fun and happy time tomorrow night, whatever you're doing! Today's post does not have a project, cuz girlfriend is tired tonight! From time to time, people will email me and ask me what kind of camera I have, or what kind of ink I like best, etc... I wanted to take some time to answer those questions and I wanted to share my favorite crafting supplies! If you have a question about something, please don't hesitate to email me or leave a comment after a post...I'll be happy to help!
Every crafty girl has those few things that she cannot live without. These are mine:
1. My camera is a Canon G11 that the DH bought me for Christmas last year. I am never without it in my purse or in the car...she goes everywhere! LOVE this camera. Small enough to fit in your bag and it is fully manual or automatic.
2. Come on now, you knew Copic Markers were second, right? Hee hee. Ever since discovering these markers, life has not been the same. Best. Tools. Ever.
3. My trusty Cuttlebug! I use it all the time with my embossing folders and my Nestabilities. Also, lots of stamp companies are starting to make dies and this is small enough to leave on my desk.
4. My Genesis Paper Cutter...Where do I begin with this? Everything you've ever heard about it is true. It was very very expensive and worth every penny. These used to be hand made by a family in New England somewhere and when you ordered it you got put on a waiting list...it took ten months to get it! That was about 6-7 years ago. Now, they are advertising instant shipping! I have never had to sharpen it or do anything to it. Cuts like a dream.
5. Martha Stewart Scoring Board. Gotta love Martha...and this! It even comes with an envelope template. Buy it at Michael's with a 40% off coupon!
6. My favorite go-to inks, especially for stamping my images when I am going to use my Copic Markers. Gives a nice, crisp image and doesn't bleed with my markers. Comes in a ton of colors.
7. Lately, this is my favorite cardstock. I like that it is packages in three different sizes and by color families. My favorite ones are "tropical" and "primary" colors. Stores nicely and is colored all the way through. Vivid, pretty colors.
8. Scor-Tape! Egads, how did I live without this before? This is great stuff. Comes in many sizes and is super strong. You can tear it with your fingers so you don't have to use scissors like some other double sided tapes. I like it because I can adhere a very heavy piece of a project and it won't come apart.
10. Paper Source note cards/paper and envelopes in yummy colors. I like buying big, thick, juicy envelopes from them in colors that match my projects exactly. The closest Paper Source store is about 80 miles away so I don't make it there as often as I would like. This place is incredible. The store is a visual extravaganza for us paper lovers. Check it out!
I won't even try to decide what my favorite stamps are, or what my favorite kind of patterned paper is...because I love them all! There are so many great stamps and paper collections! I try to mix it up in that regard and try different things. I hope you had fun reading this post. I would love it if you would leave a comment and tell me what your favorite tools are! That way, we can all learn from each other! I'll be back this weekend with some photographs I've been saving for you and an end-of-the-year wrap up post. Hugs.